Terms of Business
The “Company” is Podkit Ltd. Registered company number: 14035207. Registered company address: 21 Invincible Road, Farnborough, GU14 7QU..
The “Customer” is the person, firm or Company who purchases the product or services from the Company.
APPLICATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- It is considered that any Customer entering in to an agreement with Podkit Ltd is in acceptance of these terms and conditions. The Customer is responsible for obtaining a copy of these terms and conditions for their reference.
- Podkit Ltd reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- No variations of these terms and conditions shall be of any effect unless agreed by the Company in writing.
- If any part of this Agreement is declared unenforceable or invalid, the remainder will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- The contract shall in all respects be construed and operated as an English contract governed by English law and any dispute arising out of, or in connection herewith, shall be referred to the English courts.
- The Company website, brochure and any elevation drawings serve as a guide only and do not form part of any contract.
- The Company makes every effort to be as accurate as possible however, precise measurements indicated on our website, in our brochures and on any order documentation are subject to reasonable levels of tolerance.
- The Company reserves the right to alter minor specifications without prior notice. Changes to product specification are rare and reasons for doing so may include, but are not limited to, improving general quality or efficiency of the product, availability of materials or for significant changes in material costs. The Company will always inform the Customer when any main material specifications require altering.
PRICING AND PAYMENTS
- All prices stated on the Company’s website and literature include VAT at the current rate.
- Orders will only be confirmed once full payment has been received and funds are cleared in the Company’s bank account.
- Invoices will be issued once the goods have been dispatched.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
- The Customer may cancel their order up to 14 days after delivery. Please get in touch with our customer service team to confirm your cancellation and discuss the return options and process.
- Our warehouse is unable to accept unscheduled returns so you must ensure that you have received written confirmation of your returns booking slot with our team. Unscheduled returns will be turned away and the Customer will be responsible for all associated costs.
- The Customer is responsible for all costs associated with returning the order to our warehouse. The Customer must ensure that all parts of the order are packaged securely. The Company will deduct the cost of any missing or damaged parts from the refund.
- Your statutory rights are not affected.
PLANNING PERMISSION AND BUILDING REGULATIONS
- Podkit Garden Buildings have been designed to comply with Permitted Development Regulations, however, it is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that planning consent is not required for the Garden Building. We recommend you seek clarification from your local planning authority. The Company will not be held liable for any breach of Permitted Development/Planning regulations applicable to your property.
- Podkit Garden Buildings have been designed to measure less than 2.5m high externally when measured from the highest point of the natural land. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure the base does not exceed the natural level of the land immediately adjacent to the Garden Building as this may push the external height higher than 2.5m, which would breach Permitted Development Regulations.
- Podkit Garden Buildings do not comply with Building Regulations and should not be used for sleeping accommodation. Such use would also constitute a breach of Permitted Development Regulations. The Company accepts no liability with regards to the Customer’s ultimate use of the building. The Customer should consult their local Building Control authority if they require further advice or guidance.
- Delivery timescales provided at the time of sale are provisional only, and we will contact you to agree on a delivery date, which will be confirmed in writing. Time is not of the essence for this contract, and the Company will not be held liable for any changes or delays to delivery.
- Our drivers will contact you on the day of delivery to confirm a 1-hour delivery slot. Our drivers will wait for a maximum of 20 minutes should no one be available at your property to inspect and sign for the goods, after which point the goods will be returned to our warehouse as a Failed Delivery. The Customer will be responsible for a re-delivery charge, and the Company reserves the right to cancel an order following a Failed Delivery.
- The Customer is responsible for arranging appropriate parking access including any permits that may be required. There must be adequate parking and drop space available, as per the requirements stated on our website. The route to the drop location must be cleared of all obstacles and hazards.
- The Delivery will be to the closest accessible point, for example to a driveway, or to kerbside. The Customer will then be responsible for transporting the building to their desired site. Once the goods are delivered, they will become the responsibility of the Customer.
- The Customer should inspect all components on Delivery. Any damaged or missing parts should be reported to the main office immediately. The Company will endeavour to deliver any missing or damaged parts within a reasonable time frame.
ACCESS & SITE REQUIREMENTS
- The Customer is responsible for ensuring that their access and site, including measurements, is suitable for the product, in accordance with the guidance provided on our website and/or any sales documentation.
- The Company may provide the Customer with guidance on how to measure their access and/or correctly prepare their site but makes no guarantee as to the suitability of any site.
- The Supplier shall supply with the Goods any instructions and/or guidance that the Supplier has stated in writing in the Order and will be enclosed with the Goods. The provision of such instructions/guidance (if any) shall be the full extent of the Supplier’s obligations in respect of the assembling and/or Installation of the Goods.
- Please note that the Supplier provides no warranty and/or guarantee that any such instructions and/or guidance are full, accurate and/or complete. The responsibility for correctly installing and/or assembling the Goods shall lie solely with the Customer.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, the Supplier shall accept no liability for the incorrect Installation and/or assembly of the Goods.
- The PODKIT Garden Buildings are covered by a comprehensive guarantee. The guarantee will only be valid if the Installation Instructions provided by the Company have been correctly followed.
- The terms of your guarantee are as follows:
Design and manufacturing faults to the structural materials of the building (including rot and corrosion)
Faults in doors and windows, including internal misting within glazing
Internal linings and trim, and any floor coverings
3. All orders include 1 opening window as standard and must be installed for proper ventilation. If the Customer installs doors and/or windows not supplied by us to their building, they will invalidate their guarantee.
4. Podkit Garden Buildings should not be used for habitable accommodation. If used for habitable accommodation the guarantee is invalid. Guarantee excludes normal ‘wear and tear’ and decorated surfaces.
5. The Composite Cladding included with Podkit products has been primed and must be painted within the first 6 months after Delivery/Installation with an external-grade acrylic paint. Failure to paint the cladding within this timeframe will invalidate your guarantee.
6. Door adjustments are not covered under guarantee and may be necessary from time to time, particularly during periods of weather/temperature changes.
7. The Company guarantees glass on windows and doors in accordance with the ‘Glass and Glazing Federation’ guidelines (a copy can be obtained from the Customer Care team).
8. Guarantee claims should be made to the main office on discovery of the fault. Failure to report a fault immediately may invalidate your guarantee. The Company will endeavour to deliver and replacement parts or materials at the earliest opportunity.
9. The Company’s liability shall not exceed the total purchase value of the of the Product and the taking of the steps it deems necessary to rectify any issues shall constitute an entire discharge of the Company's liability under this warranty.
GROUND, GUTTER AND ROOF MAINTENANCE
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure areas around the building are kept clear. An air gap under the sides and rear of the building must be maintained and clear of obstacles to ensure vegetation and weeds do not make contact with the building and lead to possible intrusion within the building. This will also ensure that no moisture cannot be trapped underneath the building.
- Gutters and roofs should be inspected and cleared of all debris a minimum of twice a year.
- As with any external building, failure to clear gutters and keep air gaps maintained may result in damage to the fabric of the building which will invalidate your guarantee.
- Nothing contained in these Conditions shall be construed so as to limit or exclude the liability of the Company for death or personal injury as a result of the Company’s negligence or that of its employees or agents.